ZEV T3-1 MICRO
WHAT CAN YOU DRIVE FOR $6300 THAT OFFERS THE UTILITY AND QUALITY OF THIS VEHICLE?
Micro is a motorcycle sized vehicle, intended to provide the lowest
possible transportation cost, maximum hauling ability, and treated as a motor
scooter for the lowest registration cost.
Think of a 4 X 8 ft footprint as the total vehicle size,
yet able to carry three adults.
The goal was
a vehicle for delivery and personal utility use that unlike a golf cart or
UTV/ATV, is legal to drive on the street anywhere in the country, but sell for
less than new golf carts or UTV, and to be the lowest possible cost of ownership vehicle on more than 2 wheels
The T3-1 is legal to drive without a helmet (when using seat belts) in all but WV and Maine. It can be driven with just a car license in many USA states. It is legal to drive everywhere as a motorcycle. In some USA states it can be driven with no license or registration where Moped laws exist. For those states that the speed be restricted to 25 mph or less or the power to be lower than standard, we can supply a special variant to conform to those rules.
$6300 Introductory price (base silicate battery system)
$7962 Introductory price (double range silicate battery system)
price (long range lithium battery system)
SEATING FOR THREE PEOPLE
The front seat slides forward and tilts forward to make it easy to enter to the rear seat. 38.5 inches seat to ceiling headroom
Rear seat width 35 inches, two seat belts.
Easy access. Two doors that open wide.
- The Micro has only hand controls to increase the number of people who can drive it. No foot usage required at all to drive.
- Seating for 2 -3 adults (including driver) Rear seating - 35 inch wide rear bench seat width.
- Maximum payload 225 Kg, 496 lbs
- Vehicle weight empty with base silicate battery 390 Kg / 863 lbs
- Gross Vehicle Weight (vehicle + load) 615 Kg / 1359 lbs.
- Maximum rear cargo area weight capacity 194 Kg, 360 lbs
- Rear cargo area size 1300 L x 900mm W / 35 inches L X 35 inches W
- Overall vehicle dimensions 2380 X 1200 X 1585 mm
- Wheelbase 1620 mm
- Wheel size 12 inch rear, 13 front
- Tire size 135/70R12 rear, 130/60-13 front
- Minimum ground clearance 175 mm
- Motor Power 4 kw transaxle electric, 3 kw continuous.
- Brakes Hydraulic Disc, hand control
- Mechanical Parking brake on rear wheels. Additional hydraulic parking brakes on all wheels.
- Throttle - Hand control
- Maximum speed 50 Km/h / 30 mph in Moped class legal configuration.
- Maximum speed 65 Km/h / 40 mph non Moped class
- Battery -Base system 72 volt nominal, 4.1 kwh peak capacity,silicate
The silicate battery last 2-4 years in operation. That is one third of the
lithium, but they are very low cost at only $575 at 2018 prices. They
are also extremely easy to change in less than 1.5 hours. Using them
allows a customer a lower cost of initial purchase, with a low cost
maintenance event every 2 or 3 years.
- Range - Base system 57 Km, 35 miles at 45 Km/h / 25 mph
- Range - Double range silicate system, 114 Km, 70 miles at 45 Km/h / 25 mph
- Range - Optional lithium system 75 Km / 47 miles, at 45 Km/h, 25 mph
- The Double range silicate system consumes part of the space in the foot well for the rear passenger immediately behind the drivers seat. There is foot space to the side, or feet may go on top of the battery compartment behind the drivers seat. A single rear passenger normally would ride then with one foot on each side of the driver. The rear passenger limit is lowered to one person of max weight of 180 lbs for this option.
- Battery charger included. Charging time of 4.5 hours on 120 volt normal wall outlet power. Options for 220 volt charging.
- High back front seat, seat belts on all seats, round steel tube cage construction, disc brakes on all wheels, extremely bright lights all around for see and be seen safety.
- Battery mass all forward of the rear axle and near centrally distributed for vehicle balance. With the battery mass at or below the axle height, and the motor mass behind the rear axle, the weight does not greatly transfer forward in hard braking. The resulting CG also helps to keep the trike planted and not feel tippy.
To our knowledge, no other vehicle in this class uses the round tube construction instead of square metal tubing to gain a radical increase in chassis rigidity.
Headroom for 6 ft riders with additional clearance. 220 lb rider shown, 6 ft tall. Riders to 390 lbs have driven the bike.
REAR LIFT GATE TOP PANEL opens for air flow. The rear glass tilts out at the bottom.
FORWARD FACING SUNROOF ACTS AS AN AIR SCOOP
MOTORCYCLE STYLE CONTROLS, ALL HAND CONTROLS Throttle, brakes, dual parking brakes, all light controls on the handlebars.
DISC BRAKES ON ALL 3 WHEELS controlled from the handlebars.
No other small vehicle at this price has disc brakes on all wheels.
HIGHLY UNDERRATED MOTOR FOR MAXIMUM MOTOR LIFE
• Yellow underglow lighting for night time visibility floats the Micro on a pool of yellow light coming from under the vehicle and extending around it.
• Additional and brilliant LED brake lights and or front running lights
DELIVERY FLEET and LONG RANGE OPTIONS
Extended range battery packs are available in lithium to suit your requirements. Call us with your requirements.
LED daylight running lights on