To 15 kw Continuous Output
THE WORLD'S LONGEST RANGE AND FASTEST
TRIKE ELECTRIC MOTOR SCOOTER
- All wheels lean in a corner.
- The ultimate in cornering grip, braking, and general stability to cope with slippery or rough conditions.
- No tendency to tip or lift a wheel in turns.
- The bike can be leaned at high angles just like a two wheeled motorcycle/scooter.
The ZEV LRC has become well known, respected, and regarded as the top performing electric motor scooter in the world. Constant work on brakes, handling, range, and speed have made it the world class leader.
Now, based on customer request, we have introduced the ZEV LRC trike after several years of testing and tweaking. The goal was to offer more all road "sure footed" handling and to make it easier for a broader segment of the population to ride.
- All controls including the brakes are on the hand. All hand brakes, no foot brake allows more people to be able to ride.
- The bike is fitted with a parking brake on the right hand brake.
- The bike will stand upright when stopped once the upright control lock on the left hand brake has been engaged.
- This is a tilting/leaning design where all wheels lean going through a turn. In this style trike design, the inside of the turn front wheel does not lift and break traction as on non leaning trike designs.
- The bike has reverse to aid handling and enable backing up on the motor power alone.
- In some USA states such as California and some European country, a trike does not require a motorcycle license and can be driven on a car license. In other states, taking the license test on a trike causes the State to offer the test on a larger course with more room with more leeway to pass the test.
- Seat height of only 28 inches, yet leg room for riders over 6 ft 2 and up.
- For Europe, to comply with trike rules, the bike has an independent, mechanical parking brake on the rear wheel (in addition to the hydraulic parking brake on the front wheels)
LRC-T15 The standard bike is 15 kw power -- (with an option for an 11 kw power to meet European country rules for power in a trike to drive without a motorcycle license in some country, or with an A license).
LRC - T15 -- Introductory price of $13,990
LRC-T6 The standard LRC T15 has a 10 kwh battery pack using 28 cells of 100 ah each. For those riders that do not need the long range of the T15, the T6 model using 28 cells of the smaller 60 ah battery cells is available at a lower cost. While less battery capacity reduces the vehicle price and range, it does not reduce the speed or acceleration.
LRC -T6 Introductory price of $9,900
The ZEV LRC-T 15 Trike offers:
- Range of 125 miles at 55 mph
- Range of 70 miles at 70 mph
- Top speed 75-80 mph
- Range of 100 miles at 55 mph
- Range of 50 miles at 70 mph
- Top speed of 75-78 mph
Each wheel has its own independent suspension for maximum road grip. Each wheel has its own brake. The front two brakes are interlinked.
- Ready to drive curb weight of 516 lbs.
- Wheelbase 69.375 inches.
- Tire size. 130/60-13 Rear, 120/70-12 Front. P Speed rated to 93 mph.
- Ground Clearance 5.5 inches.
- Front wheel track 17.59 inches. (tire center to center) Outside to Outside of tires, 22.5 inches. For the EC measurement for twinned wheels , the measurement is from the center of the tire contact patches and is less than 459 mm on the LRC-T.
To make the bike even more stable at speed, the two front wheels have a bit of camber such that the two wheels lean inward at the top toward each other slightly. The front suspension design is that of 4 short equal length suspension arms as might be found on a car for a more supple ride than that of tilting trikes that use long, heavy cross bars suspension components spanning the entire bike width.
- See a walk around the bike explanation of its details on YouTube at https://youtu.be/p09ma4Saonk
- To see how the front end tilts into the turns, see the LRC-T driving demo on YouTube at https://youtu.be/p4XWPll6vC
ZEV does not use any electrics, hydraulics, or pumps in the front suspension. The system is designed to be a pure mechanical system to eliminate complexity, cost, and to increase reliability and to make the bike feel like a standard motorcycle in the turns.
The design offers a width of trike still able to fit through a normal 32-36 inch man door with the mirrors in place and legal for lane splitting between cars.
The rear of the LRC trike is the same as the standard LRC offering the same taillights, large seat, huge under seat storage area, and comfort.
On the right hand grip, the brake lever has a secondary lever lock for a dual front brake, hydraulic parking brake. Squeeze the main brake lever, and then pull the second small lever to lock both front brakes. Squeeze the lever again and the parking brake releases instantly.
For European country delivery, the law requires a pure mechanical parking brake which is fitted to the rear wheel and cable operated. This is fitted in addition to the two front hydraulic parking brake.
The LRC-T has an extremely rigid and strong chassis. Main chassis tubes 2.250 inch OD.
COME AND TEST DRIVE THE NEW ZEV LRC TRIKE.